In todays episode of the Friday Fat Black, Pete and I talk go deep into the understanding differences in training on gender and body types and why it’s important to understand.
– Why understanding the differences on gender and body type matter
– How different body types react differently to training
– The 3 nails that athletes (namely male ones) hammer into the preverbal coffin.
– Why program structure matters
– Why guys bodies breakdown more then our female counterparts
– How we create an ‘insurance policy’ that allows us to train hard consistently
– Understanding that every type of training has a form of catabolic and anabolic response and why they’re both important in our sport
– Understand the distinct hormonal shift that occurs in training for Ironman and how to mitigate the negative effects
– What contributes to anabolic states and how they help us athletically and health wise
– What contributes to catabolic states and how they break us down
– Stress and important stress reduction techniques
– And so much more