Alright today we are talking about pacing.
This is one of the most important skills of the sport. We have seen many athlete ruin a race by not pacing correctly. Like everything else true pacing much be practiced in training.
True pacing takes discipline and focus (also great skills to develop), and this has to be put into the daily routine of training – which is really about going your craft.
Here is what we cover:
- The discipline of pacing.
- Being realistic about your efforts.
- Learning to switch off the data.
- Understanding how to use your data to your advantage.
- Developing your pace intuitively.
- What is truly easy.
- Knowing when to push hard.
- Understanding the different levels of effort.
- How much time you need to spend below goal pace, at goal, and above (and why).
- Understanding the different systems that used in pacing.
- Strength efforts.
- Speed efforts.
- Lactate Tolerance.