Today Pete and I wanted to take a step back and look at the foundations. The true fundamental ingredients or as we call them ‘Pillars’ to reaching your potential in this sport of triathlon.
In todays age and right now there seems to be a push to hacking this and hacking that. Don’t get us wrong – there are indeed some useful ‘hacks’ to improve performance but like anything – if the fundamentals aren’t in place those hacks aren’t going to be as potent as they could be.
As James Clear recently put on a great post (linked below) “The thing is, when you look at how the top performers in the world operate and examine what is really going on in their minds and bodies, you often see the complete opposite of a hack. You see repetitions and consistency.”
Those last two points … repetitions and consistency are the WAY! Period.
What We Cover:
- The 3 pillars to triathlon success and the order they NEED to be focused on
- Why one particular part of one of the pillars needs to be incorporated as part of your training session and not the way it’s typically done (or worse, not done)
- Simple thoughts on nutrition “Food is INFORMATION for your body”
- Fascia and why it’s important to look after .. if you don’t want to get injured.
- A simple real hydration formula that WILL get the needed minerals to your soft tissue … but you need to do a little something else to fix your irrigation
- Learning to LISTEN to what’s important (covers each pillar)
- The biggest performance killer
- Simplifying training
- What repetition really teaches you
- Data tracking and importance of being in-tune
- How to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your training
- and a whole lot more
- 4 Lessons everyday athletes can learn from the pros (great article written by my friend and TS athlete Andrew Read)
- Get our Pillars to Success Guide for free here
image: Natesh Ramasamy