In todays Fat Black podcast Pete and I get to speak with Luke Mckenzies better half Beth Gerdes. Beth didn’t muck around getting back into all things triathlon after the birth of their gorgeous little Wynne McKenzie and 6 months after the birth of Wynne, Beth had an absolute cracker at Ironman Western Australia coming in 4th with a fast 9:04 IM split and hauling assimus on the run and knocking out a handy 2:58:17.
The biggest take home from this interview with Beth would have to be her looking at the opportunities in things and having gratitude. Great lessons.
What we cover:
- Training through pregnancy.
- Managing being a new mum and training for Ironman.
- Support and Aunty Jackie.
- We talk IMWA, the race and the mental side of it.
- We talk fast AG men and how it affects pro women on the bike.
- What drives Beth.
- We go into Beths background as a school psychologist.
- The lessons.
- Beths biggest ‘failure’ … this one is deep!
- And of course her greatest and proudest achievement so far.