Jon happens to be the first person we ever spoke to in the world of triathlon as he was the then president of Brat Tri Club when Charlotte and I were looking at triathlon. We got to know JP over the years but it was only recently that I got to know what he does for a living.
Today I get to speak with JP all about the brain and how we can use it to get the outcomes we desire. Pete and I are fascinated about this stuff because we know its an area of untapped potential. Not just for our sporting potential but our potential in living a life well lived.
In todays episode we discuss:
- The simple model of the brain
- Why we need to be able to effectively communicate to self and others
- Emotional intelligence
- When things go wrong
- Fixed versus growth mindsets
- What practice becomes
- And why repetition is the mother of all skill
- The steps to creating a better story of you.
- Playing above or below the line.
- And more.
Connect with Jon on social media at:
https://youtu.be/DObM7Ms-v7Y (Growth versus Fixed Mindset)
The books discussed in the podcast include:
- Carol Dweck’s book is called “Mindset: How You Can Fulfill Your Potential”
- Daniel Siegal’s book is called “Mindsight: Change Your Brain And Your Life”
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!