Today we caught up with an athlete who is well know for running some incredibly fast times off the bike, and just recently made a statement with a very impressive 7th place finish in Kona, Tim Berkel.
Tim has been steadily building a solid career and gained a lot of experience by putting himself up against the best in the sport and learning from tough experiences.
Check out some great insights from Tim.
Today We Cover:
- Tim’s mental preparation for Kona.
- Dealing with low points.
- Getting the hunger back.
- Learning to take care of the body.
- Fuelling the machine.
- Finding enjoyment in the day-to-day.
- Racing happy.
- Using mentors.
- Understanding coaching relationships.
- Staying in the moment when under pressure.
To this date Tim has a great career with 3 Ironman Champion titles, and an Australian 70.3 title.