Whilst we don’t get much of an off-season here in Australia – mainly because of the continually awesome weather – it is important to take a bit of downtime at certain points throughout the year to allow the body to reset and work on key aspects if your endurance development whilst having a bit of fun. Like most things, there is an art to getting the off-season right. It doesn’t need to be all serious and Long course racing driven, and it must be enjoyable, but the off-season can provide some fantastic athletic development.
In Today’s Episode We Cover:
- Planning for the off-season.
- Repeating the recovery process.
- Using your time to understand EASY.
- Seeking a “mental refresh”.
- Using non IM specific training to develop your IM racing ability.
- Having a plan to come back to racing after downtime.
- Pushing your body without proper rest is a killer.
- Finding the passion in what you do as an endurance athlete.