Ahhh Race Week.
It’s a different kind of beast. High energy, edgy nerves, lots of Hype, stress and confusion. But it doesn’t have to be. Race week is a time for calm, composure and organisation. It’s the best time of year, because you get to relax. Over the years we have learnt and witnessed a lot mistakes, so here are some Do’s and Don’t’s of Race Week and Race Day (you might want to take notes).
What We Cover in This Episode:
- Get Organised early!
- Beating the Taper Blues.
- All things nutrition and hydration.
- Shutting out the noise.
- How to be patient.
- Setting up your race plan.
- Understanding your goals.
- Flexing the Mental Muscle.
- Staying focused.
- Being ready to work hard for what you want.
- STOP stressing about the weather. Seriously. Just STOP.
- Planning; the devil is in the detail.
Race Week doesn’t need to be Stress Week. Follow this simple, common sense rules, and learn to enjoy your race!