Earlier this week we listened to a great podcast from the guys at Spartan who interview Scratch Lab inventor – Dr. Allen Lim.
For years Allen Lim worked with Tour de France teams and has learned a lot about working in high pressure situations and how to develop performance. In a sport that focuses so intently on marginal gains, Lim argues that athletes should be focusing less on the 1% and more on removing bottlenecks from our lives. This gives way to a much better focus and performance.
So today we are discussing the bottlenecks that we see in the sport and how to solve them.
In Today’s Episode We Cover:
- Understanding marginal gains.
- Underestimate the value of making better decisions on a daily basis.
- The “Never Miss Twice” rule.
- Understanding your Rate Limiting Factors.
- Seeking to create better habits.
- The bottlenecks we see in triathlon (and life).
- Becoming a solution creator.
- Learning to have fun.
- We also discuss some important and very relevant aspects of the movie “Fed Up” (you need to watch this film!)
Spartan Podcast with Dr Allen Lim – this podcast goes into many more important aspects for all athletes and we took loads of notes. Required listening I must say!