This week I get to have a helluva fun conversation with Dr Simon Marshall the other half of Lesley Patterson – the sports psych half that trains the brains of athletes and fitness enthusiasts to become happier and more mentally tough. We delve deeper into their new book The Brave Athlete Calm the Fuck Down and Rise to the Occasion and do so in a fun way that just makes you want to roll up your sleeves and get into it. Simon makes the subject really fun and easy to understand.
I had a helluva lot of fun speaking with Simon and I know youll get lots from this. And if you havent yet ordered their book. Do it, you wont regret it but be willing to work to make a huge positive impact on your life.
Lets do this.
IN TODAYS EPISODE, WE DISCUSS:
- We go into the Brain basics, then jump into the heart, the wings and the fight
- Dealing with obstacles, setbacks and conflict
- Mirror mirror on the wall… Is it real?
- Developing battle skills
- We talk feeling FAT
- Comfort Zones
- Why we need love and compassion for ourselves and our competitors
- The real swim conversation going on in your head
- Mind viruses
- Bringing baggage to training, racing and life
- And so much more training between your ears
Get the Book:
Join (for Free) our TRISPECIFIC CAFE
TS LIFE Are YOU worth the investment? Our TS LIFE Yearly membership gives you access to 12+ plans, all the content you do need so you can turn down all the other noise and access to a great community and the coaches to get your most pressing questions answered.
Join now and enter the coupon code fatblack to save $100 off.
PLEASE HELP US GROW
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!