Getting the balance of training and recovery is more art than science sometimes, and can be a complicated process. In the post-Kona whitewash, we have seen quite a few top athletes who (through their own admissions) just didn’t get that right on the lead up to the race. We believe this is also a big issue for Age Group triathletes, so today we break down that intricate balance of knowing when enough is enough.
In todays episode, we discuss:
- Getting the balance right.
- Training consistency.
- Recovery consistency.
- Getting the execution right.
- Heading the warning signs.
- The bigger picture; the macro VS the micro.
- Art and science of recovery
- Desire/ drive VS intuition and clarity.
- Weak desire = weak result.
- Self reflection and self awareness.
- When is enough really enough.
- Doing things you don’t want to do.
Join (for Free) our TRISPECIFIC CAFE
Hands down the most potent indoor cycling trainer you can invest in. Yes, its an investment in yourself but mark my words, the Rev Box will make you a much stronger bike rider and more efficient at the same time.
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!