Today Pete and I go into fatigue and discuss the emotional attachment athletes have to fatigue which can curtail their training and thus performances and we also discuss how you can and should monitor it to gain a better intuitive understanding of yourself. Every other week Pete and I’ll go into what we are calling the performance series to help you get more out of out glorious sport. If you have any questions or topics you’d like us to discuss hit us up on social media of via kristian or pete @trispecific.com
In todays episode, we discuss:
- How repetition helps you to monitor fatigue.
- Understanding healthy fatigue and unhealthy fatigue.
- Removing the emotions from fatigue assessment.
- How fatigue can boost confidence.
- The role that sleep, nutrition, and stress have on fatigue.
- Reading the internal dashboard.
- When over-reaching actually occurs.
- Losing fitness.
- How to test drive the body.
- Using HRV to monitor fatigue/ suitability to train.
- Why the “green boxes” aren’t always a good thing.
- Determining optimal training loads.
Hands down the most potent indoor cycling trainer you can invest in. Yes, its an investment in yourself but mark my words, the Rev Box will make you a much stronger bike rider and more efficient at the same time.
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!