Today Pete and I are speaking with Martin Schoenfelder from Cosinuss, who leading the way in wearable technology with a very cool, very handy device that measures Heart rate, Heart Rate Variability as well as Core Temperature.
Martin has joined us today to talk about the device, how it works and a little bit about why endurance athletes would want to pay attention to their core temperatures.
In todays episode, we discuss:
- Meet Martin Schoenfelder, Sports Scientist and Biologist working with Cosinuss.
- The work of 7 years of development.
- How the Cosinuss works; using optical measurements to read HRV, HR and core temperature.
- Understanding core temperature and brain function.
- How core temperature affects performance.
- The optimal core temperature for you.
- Keeping cool.
- The value of real-time feedback.
- Connecting the device with open-source data transfer.
- How your coach could monitor your vitals using Cosinuss.
- New additions of the Cosinuss tech – some exciting applications!
www.thefatblackpodcast.com < Get the Bottlenecks project.
Hands down the most potent indoor cycling trainer you can invest in. Yes, its an investment in yourself but mark my words, the Rev Box will make you a much stronger bike rider and more efficient at the same time.
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!