Today Pete and I speak with Steve Fleck, a lifelong endurance athlete. Husband and Father. Businessman. Race & Event Announcer for triathlon, cycling, running and all endurance sports events and someone that truly has his finger on the pulse of triathlon. Steve gives us some history lessons and we talk about the state of affairs in our beloved sport and how it can thrive going forward.
Enjoy and scroll down to check out my birthday and good news deals.
In todays episode, we discuss:
- The early years of the sport.
- Working with Graham Fraser.
- The problems with the sport in its current state.
- The True meaning of the sport.
- The efficacy of the draft legal format.
- The 2 most significant changes in the sport, and why.
- On that win in Sydney.
- Too much focus on Ironman racing.
- Sports media and triathlon.
- Creating better race coverage and athlete tracking.
- The most effective format of triathlon for media coverage.
- Steves favourite race experience.
- Doping in the sport; can it be stopped?
- The transformative event happening this year.
Steve Fleck on Twitter
It’s my birthday (well in Australia and here in Canada tomorrow), and I just got some news that is truly epic, so here below are some birthday awesomeness deals until Sunday.
Grab a TS Blueprint (Ironman or 70.3) and I’ll add in our Hard Reset Plan that will help turn you into a Fat Burning Beast and I’ll throw in access to the Triathlon World Summit Recordings. $300 in extra value.
Grab lifetime access to TS LIFE Member site. You get access to everything. All the plans (Ironman, 70.3, Next Level IM/70.3, Olympic, Sprint, Hard Reset, Park Bench, Marathon) and so many more goodies. Which you can check out here. The worth of this in in the thousands but you can get it for just the cost of just 2 Blueprints. Use the coupon code “Happy Birthday”.
www.thefatblackpodcast.com < Get the Bottlenecks project.
Hands down the most potent indoor cycling trainer you can invest in. Yes, its an investment in yourself but mark my words, the Rev Box will make you a much stronger bike rider and more efficient at the same time.
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!