Today Pete and I got the privilege to speak with one of the best movement specialists around. Kelly Starrett is a coach, physical therapist, author, speaker, and has revolutionized how athletes think about human movement and athletic performance.
More than that Kelly is a whole lot of fun to talk too.. Drops a lot of f-bombs in this interview (so beware, though we are all adults here…) but the knowledge bombs dropped are immense and should have you thinking and wanting to relearn how to move optimally. We also go into many of what Kelly calls basic adaptation errors. Us triathletes are guilty at thinking it’s all about continual development of the engine … However we can never truly build a great engine when not only is the chassis is bent but we sabotage ourselves with simple daily errors that stop us adapting to the stimulus we present the body.
Stop everything and lets get your full attention. Because you are worth it.
In Todays Episode We Discuss:
- Who is Kelly Starrett?
- Why a conversation can only be started when we know where you are starting from.
- The need to become more self aware.
- Taking responsibility for your mobility.
- The conversation on quality.
- Understanding dysfunction.
- Organising your spine.
- Why our races are the tests of our robustness.
- The holes in our being.
- The four horseman and why theyre important.
- The questions you need to ask when traveling to races.
- Standing VS sitting.
- Why you should do yoga.
- What races are truly about.
- And more knowledge bombs.
Connect with Kelly on Social Media.
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it! Enjoy the show!