Ahi Poke is one of my favourite Hawaiian dishes that is usually served as a pupu (appetizer) to a main meal but I typically add to it to make a great tasting salad.
For more on the origins of Ahi Poke check out the wikipedia page.
Kristian’s Ahi Poke Recipe
- Sushi Grade Tuna (1-2 cups) cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1-2 pinch of Hawaiian herbs and spices mix (I purchased in Kona) – optional
- 2 handfuls of washed salad leaves
- 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach / rocket
- 1 diced Cucumber
- 1 Spring onion chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped seaweed
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, salt (and optional Hawaiian Herbs mix) and chopped seaweed together with Tuna
Toss everything else into the salad except sesame seeds.
Plate or place salad into a bowl, top with Tuna mix then garnish with the sesame seeds and ENJOY!