Today Pete and I have the host of the great Endurance Planet podcast Tawnee Prazak on the Fat Black. Tawnee is a triathlete and triathlon coach living in Laguna Beach, Calif, and like us has a huge passion for endurance sports.
She has a masters-level education in exercise physiology and strength and conditioning. Has been involved in the endurance world for nearly a decade, and is considered one of todays leading experts in the field of endurance training, racing, strength training, nutrition and wellness. When not podcasting, Tawnee coaches and consults with triathletes and endurance athletes around the globe. She is also a freelance writer, speaker, fitness model, and healthy cooking aficionado.
In todays episode, we discuss:
- A paradigm shift being driven by coaches.
- The background and laying the path to ‘wrecking’ health.
- Falling in love with endurance sports.
- Working with functional practitioners.
- Hormone testing
- Using an elimination diet to problem solve.
- Understanding the different testing.
- The female athlete triad.
- The MAF method: getting real with it.
- Measuring energy balances in female athletes.
www.thefatblackpodcast.com < Get the Bottlenecks project.
Hands down the most potent indoor cycling trainer you can invest in. Yes, its an investment in yourself but mark my words, the Rev Box will make you a much stronger bike rider and more efficient at the same time.
Please Help Us Grow
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it!
Enjoy the show!